Geto & de Milly is consistently ranked one of the top public affairs, strategic communications and public relations firms in New York City. Our clients represent a wide range of industries including real estate, culture and the arts, nonprofits engaged in mental health and social services, K-12 and higher education, professional sports, and hospitality. We craft and implement effective community outreach, media and communications strategies to educate influencers, stakeholders and the public, and communicate clear, compelling messages to achieve client goals. Our dynamic team is proud to be part of the vital discourse that moves New York forward.
Research Associate (March 2023)
Our firm seeks a promising full-time research, public affairs associate to join our expert community/government relations team. This entry level position is ideal for a recent college graduate who is looking to learn and be mentored by colleagues in government affairs and strategic communications.
- Closely monitor press and social media; summarize and convey to team
- Closely monitor City and State legislation and convey to team
- Attend Community Board meetings, governmental hearings and other forums; provide notes to team on quick turnaround
- Research a wide range of policy topics
- Administrative tasks include:
- Maintaining office Rolodex system
- Answering phone
- Scheduling conference calls/online meetings/transportation
- Four-year college degree
- 2-years of relevant experience in government and/or community relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Keen interest in national/local politics, real estate/land use and public policy.
- Knowledge of political and real estate NY media/websites.
- Ability to discern/distill relevant information and communicate it to team in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Graphic design aptitude (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with email service providers (MailChimp, Constant Contact); media contact databases (Meltwater, Cision); website development (Wix, WordPress)
Full-time entry level position with salary range of $35,000 – $45,000 plus overtime and benefits.
EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants should send a cover letter, salary requirement and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates with a compelling cover letter will be considered.
No phone calls, please.