Geto & de Milly is consistently ranked one of the top public affairs, strategic communications and public relations firms in New York City. Our clients represent a wide range of industries including real estate, culture and the arts, nonprofits engaged in mental health and social services, K-12 and higher education, professional sports, and hospitality. We craft and implement effective community outreach, media and communications strategies to educate influencers, stakeholders and the public, and communicate clear, compelling messages to achieve client goals. Our dynamic team is proud to be part of the vital discourse that moves New York forward.
COMMUNITY & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS ASSOCIATE / PROJECT MANAGER
Geto & de Milly is consistently ranked one of the top public affairs, strategic communications and public relations firms in New York City. Our clients represent a wide range of sectors including real estate, culture and professional sports, and nonprofits engaged in mental health, social services and education. We craft and implement effective community, governmental and media strategies to educate influencers, stakeholders and the public, and communicate clear, compelling messages to achieve client goals.
Geto & de Milly seeks a full-time associate to join our community/governmental relations team, providing project management for a broad portfolio of clients ranging from land use (development, landmarking + historic preservation, architecture, urban design + planning), social justice and community impact (criminal justice reform, workforce development, public health, LGBTQ+ issues), and more. The associate will collaborate with colleagues to develop comprehensive strategic plans with detailed benchmarks and deliverables, and focus on engaging project stakeholders, cultivating consensus and building support for our clients’ worthy projects. Above all, we seek a candidate with strong communication skills, able to draft compelling written statements, persuasive talking points, public testimony, and more.
- Research and draft project briefs to communicate client context, history, needs and challenges
- Develop strategic plans to drive projects forward
- Provide daily project management, ensuring continuity and clear communication across all services for assigned clients
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with a diverse range of community stakeholders who may impact a client’s project
- Monitor relevant activity involving public policy initiatives, legislation and issues of interest to our clients; draft briefing materials on legislative activities and their potential impacts to clients
- Attend client meetings on behalf of the firm and provide comprehensive written debriefs to colleagues
- Draft statements, testimony, briefing document, media pitch letters, advisories and press releases
- Attend and present at public meetings before stakeholders, community groups, elected officials, city agencies
- Minimum four years post-college public relations/governmental experience in the real estate, land use, urban planning, historic preservation, or related sectors
- Firm understanding of NYC land use review processes, including ULURP/BSA/LPC/ESD/EDC)
- Keen interest in New York real estate sector, politics, and culture; general knowledge of media at citywide and local publications and websites
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical and analytical skills, and acute attention to detail with a high degree of organization
- Self-starter with the ability to keep pace in deadline-driven environment across multiple projects
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on short and long-term requirements
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media as a tool for community engagement a major plus: evaluate opportunities across platforms to connect with influencers and thought-leaders, design campaigns to amplify project messaging, measure analytics to advise on impact and success
- Aptitude with graphic design a major plus (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Familiarity with these systems/platforms is highly desired: email service providers (MailChimp, Constant Contact); media contact databases (Meltwater, Cision); website development (Wix, WordPress); graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite)
Full-time position with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter clearly stating salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a strong cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.